Friday, August 03, 2007

Comic Con Swag

A few days ago I upload some pictures here to my blog and went off to fix some dinner while I let some one else (thanks R) type up a summary to go with the pictures. Well seems the post ruffled some feathers so as some of you have noticed the post was removed. Truth be told I never read the post before it was uploaded and after we pulled into edit mode I read it and decided it was not worth my time to try editing it I would just delete the post all together instead.

Beside going to Comic Con for all the previews of upcoming movies and shows one of the highlights is the FREE SWAG and there is always tons of it to be had at Comic Con. Because I was a bit typed up this year I was not able to cover the exhibit hall like in years past however thanks to a couple of the best roomies in the world they managed to snag me some stuff while I was busy. I did not unroll the poster to take a picture of them but here are some pictures of some of the free swag from this years Comic Con.

SWAG
Books, Comics, Cards, Pins, Etc

Closer Look at SciFi Pins

Stargate Pins On Lanyard


There are plenty of things for sale at Comic Con as well. I did purchase the Vanishing Bugs Figure, a Comic Con special Bugs Bunny figure (sorry no picture).

But I spent most of my money purchasing things to help out Sanctuary. Something I did not need to do since I already had a hat and t-shirt before the con. But because it is a new show that I want to see succeed I purchased four more t-shirts and another hat over the weekend to give away to folks. Yes Amie a lot of that money I was sticking in your pocket was mine to help you guys out. Gave two of the t-shirts away at the convention and boxed the other two up today to send off in the mail. I also gave away the hat I purchased and the one I had before the con. So don't anyone ask me for any Sanctuary gear I gave all mine away and don't plan on buying and more at the current time.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff, you made a nice haul.

Nora said...

Yep for someone that spent very little time walking the hall this year I did end up with some cool stuff. Thanks to some very cool friends.