Thursday, July 02, 2009

SAM Shortline...

SAM Shortline Excursion Train

The SAM Shortline excursion train runs between Cordele, GA and Archery, GA. The trains name is derived from the original railroad's name the Savannah, Americus and Montgomery.

While traveling between Montezuma and Camilla, GA last week I spotted a SAM Shortline rail car parked off the main tracks. I have always been fascinated with train cars so I stopped to take some pictures of the car. At the time I had no idea what the SAM Shortline is as I had never heard of it before. After returning home I did a google search on the train.

Here is the Georgia State Parks & Historic Sites "SAM Shortline" web site. The site also has a page with the History of the train. On my next trip to GA this train may just find it's way onto my iteneray.

Road Signs


View of train from Coney Road


A couple of shots from one end of the train car.



The barn next to the tracks


Not sure what this shack is butit is next to the tracks


Pictures taken from Ferry Landing road
between the barn and shack.




No comments: