Monday, July 20, 2009

General Patton...


General Patton Memorial Museum
Chiriaco Summit, CA

Off on I-10 in Southern California sits a museum opened in 1988 to honor all veterans. Named after General George Patton and with a statue of Patton out front. I found the museum by chance when I pulled off the Interstate to get something to drink on my way home a few weeks ago. I arrived just after the museum closed at 4:30 pm. However there are several parts of the exhibit that are outside and therefore available to see.

Entrance and Main Building


General Patton Statue





West Coast Vietnam Wall




Tank Yard Exhibit









For more information on the Museum and its location go to the General Patton Memorial Museum web site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting!

As a West Point graduate and Armor officer during the cold war and in Vietnam I've always had great admiration for General Patton - but I never knew this Museum existed - thanks for bringing it to my attention. I hope to visit it someday>