Friday, July 03, 2009

Country Caviar, Golf Carts and Cars...

South Georgia

Southern comfort food was #1 on my list of things I wanted on a recent trip to South Georgia. I grew up in North Florida and South Georgia. But 8 years ago I moved out West to California. I was not happy with my job in Florida and while talking to a friend from California he told me I should move to California where I would find a teaching job that payed better than my current job. I had a number of friends that had moved to Central California so I flew out to interview for a couple of different jobs and made the move out West. But one of the things that I really missed out the South was the food.

Country Caviar
My favorite Southern snack - Boiled Peanuts


Even though I was there about a month before peanut harvest
season is in full mode I was able to find fresh boiled peanuts.


This poor guy that I was crazy taking pictures at a fruit stand.
I purchased a 24 oz cup of Boiled Peanuts


Boiled Peanuts - Yum


The entrance to Vanns


My favorite grocery store in South Georgia, the Piggly Wiggly



Nobody makes a waffle as good as Waffle House.



Brantley's a great place to get Catfish.
Located in Thomasville, GA



Reese's Car in the parking lot at Lowe's





Pelham, GA


A golf cart community?
Well that was what I was told after taking
a picture of the watch for golf carts sign at the corner stop.


Outside the court house


Downtown Pelham


Yes this used to be a drive up bank. Today
it is a drive thru Hot Dog and Hamburger stand


Want to know how far it is to the Northpole from Pelham?
They have a sign that will tell you.

No comments: