Sunday, January 31, 2010

Middle School Choral Gems

A Few Recommended Middle School Choral Gems

This list is intended as a starting place of a few gems that work. I have used these with my own choirs so I know they work. Tonight I'm going to list a few unison works that I have used with beginning groups that are not ready for part work. Often I use these at the beginning of the school year or with my 6th grade choir.

Unison
  1. Agnus De by Mozart/Telfer Published by Kjos

  2. Art Thou Troubled by Handel/Bartell Published by Hinshaw

  3. All the Pretty Little Horses arr. by Earlene Rentz Published by BriLee

  4. Danny Boy arr. by Ruth Elaine Schram Published by BriLee

  5. For the Beauty of the Earth by Ruth Elaine Schram Published by BriLee

  6. Kyrie Eleison by S. Poorman Published by BriLee

  7. Let There Be Song by Dave and Jean Perry Published by BriLee

  8. Life Is Precious by Ruth Elaine Schram Published by BriLee

  9. Oh Shenandoah arr. by Ruth Elaine Schram Published by BriLee

  10. Sleep My Baby by Alec Rowley Published by Boosey & Hawkes

2 comments:

Ruth Elaine Schram said...

Thank you for listing my songs among your "gems," Nora! Blessings ~ Ruth Elaine Schram

Nora said...

Ruth thank you for writing quality music for young choirs! - Nora