Friday, February 05, 2010

Comfort Food

Our senses such smell and taste can trigger memories both good and bad. On a recent trip to Fresno, CA I stopped at the local Chick-fil-A for lunch. When I walked in the door the smell brought back memories of my days in high school working at a local mall in Jacksonville, Fl. I worked at the McDonald's in the mall at the food court but there was also a Chick-fil-A in the same food court. Growing up in the South I ate lots of chicken as a kid and there are many good memories associated with family meals of chicken.

So when I ordered the other day I ordered my favorite meal from my youth and as I sat enjoying my food I thought of days gone by. I reminisced about my parents who are no longer alive, friends that have passed away, places I have gone and school days gone by. I have moved away from the South and you may be able to take the girl out of the South but you can't fully take the South out of the girl. While Chick-fil-A is not like sitting at home and having a true Southern cooked meal it did bring back loads of memories of good times from days gone by so for me Chick-fil-A will always be a comfort food. As the cow says...

Eat Mor Chikin



No comments: