Saturday, August 02, 2008

Yosemite National Park...

Yosemite National Park

John Muir once wrote, “As long as I live, I’ll hear waterfalls and birds and winds sing. I’ll interpret the rocks, learn the language of flood, storm and the avalanche. I’ll acquaint myself with the glaciers and wild gardens, and get as near the heart of the world as I can.” Yosemite provides nearly 1,200 square miles of forests, meadows, granite cliffs, lakes and ponds, trails, roads, and pristine wilderness to do just that.

El Capitan, a massive granite monolith, stands 3,593 feet from base to summit.

Half Dome, Yosemite’s most distinctive monument, dominates most views in Yosemite Valley. Forces of uplift, erosion from rivers and glaciers, and rockfall all shaped this famous feature into what we see today.

Miner Statue from Museum


Bridalveil Falls


Lower Falls


Cooling off in River


Jumping into River off Bridge


Rafting along the Merced River





Meadows



Half Dome


El Capitan



No comments: