Monday, November 19, 2007

Burbank Marriott...

I went to Burbank, CA this weekend for the Stargate/Battlestar Galactica Creation Entertainment Conventions. The convention hotel used to be a Hilton but recently became a Marriott. Since taking over the hotel Marriott has been doing a lot of renovating to the hotel. Which the place really needed. My problem is that you do not put guest on floors where you are doing major renovating to. At least not at the rates they charge for rooms.

I walked off the elevator and was greeted with the suite next to my room in the picture below. The door was not closed, the smell of construction materials was so strong I woke up Sunday morning with a major headache.

I walked in the room and turned on the light to find that the wall paper next to the light switch was never attached to the wall. The room has been remodeled recently and it still smelled like they were laying tile.


However once you got into the room you can see a definite upgrade to the rooms. All rooms know have wide screen HD TV's.


The beds are very nice and comfortable but small.

Overall I will wait until they finish the hotel remodel before going back again. The room was definitely not worth the rate they charged.

No comments: