Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fall TV Season is upon us...

As a TV buff I love the new show fall season. NBC put a few premiere episodes of new shows up on Amazon Unbox for early preview. I did check out three of them to see if I would be interested enough to watch the shows.

My personal viewing habits have changed since getting a Tivo a few years ago. I rarely watch first episodes live anymore. Instead I will record shows that previews look good on and then watch them later. This way I can fastfoward through commercials and if the show does not interest me I can just stop it and delete it from the recorder. This way I don't blow an entire hour on a new show.

So what shows did I download via Amazon for early preview and what new shows or new seasons of current shows am I looking forward too? Here is a list;

Bionic Woman - The first episode was okay. Did not interest me enough for me to say this is a must see new show. However it was good enough that I will watch a few more episodes to see were the show goes.

Life - Okay I downloaded the first episode of this show because I heard that Claudia Black will have a guest spot on the show and I wanted to see what the show was like. Interesting premise for a show, a cop that is wrongly convicted of a crime sentenced to life in prison and then found innocent and released after 12 years. Part of the settlement is that he is back on the force as a detective. Again like with BW it was okay and good enough for me to watch again but not good enough to be on my must see list.

Journeyman - This one sparked my interest a little more. I admit I want to watch this show again to figure out why Dan is traveling in time.

Stargate: Atlantis - Well Stargate SG1 was one of my favorite SciFi shows for years. Although I have seen every episode of SGA, it has not interested me as much as SG1. The final episode of S3 was really good and one of my favorite episodes of the series so far. This leads me to looking forward to seeing what is in store for season 4. There are several cast changes for season 4. Torri Higginson is a recurring character and only set to be in 4 episodes this season. Amanda Tapping as Col. Samantha Carter is set to be the new commander of Atlantis. Only time will tell for sure but I am looking forward to seeing how season 4 turns out.

Other shows on my Tivo list:

Law & Order: SVU
Lost
24

Fox started their new season last week. I did check out the new season of Prison Break but truth is it did not hold my interest so I don't think I will be watching this season. I also checked out K-ville the new show set in New Orleans. While the story was just so so, I did enjoy the music so I will watch a few more episodes to see if the stories get any better.

Another show I'm interested in at least giving a try is Pushing Daisies

I usually start each fall season with a dozen or so shows on the Tivo list which is quickly narrowed down to 2 or 3. Only time will tell which shows make the grade for me this season.

No comments: