Friday, September 28, 2007

Around the Water Cooler...

You know what tonight is? Humming begins....

Well it is not really water cooler talk since we are all siting or standing out side the front office of the school. But there was a buzz today as the talk turned to the new tv season. Tonight is the start of SciFi Friday on the SciFi Channel. Stargate Atlantis Season 4 premieres tonight. Several of my fellow teachers are SciFi fans like me and really enjoy Stargate. In fact last year one of the other teachers recognized me at a staff meeting as his "Stargate Buddy". So we were excited about the start of the new season. We all agree that the new "Flash Gordon" is really bad and we will not be watching it tonight. However we are happy that we all have either DirecTV or Dish so we can watch SGA at 7:00 pm tonight and not have to wait until 10:00 pm.

Other shows we talked about during break today included "Heroes", "Bionic Woman", "Journeyman", and "Pushing Daisey's". It was funny because one of the teachers that joined in on the discussion was a math teacher that has given us a hard time in the past about being geeks and today one of the teachers turned to her and said you are really a geek aren't you? She smiled and said yes - I just like giving you a hard time. I'm so glad I work with teachers that enjoy SciFi as much as I do. While they do not go to conventions like I do at least they watch the same shows I do and enjoy seeing my pictures when I come back from a convention.

No comments: