Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Something to Think About

I'm sure you have heard this asked before or maybe you have asked this question yourself. How well do we really know the people we interact with online. The folks we chat with on various forums people that we only know by their made up screen names. Do we even know their real name the one that they answer the phone to or sign their name to on a check? When we cross that line and start letting them know us a little better little personal things like what our real name is how much do we tell them. When and why?

Why am I asking this today? Well I make it a point to try and respect everyone whether in person or online. Two subjects that are often avoided in conversations both online and in person with friends is politics and religion. Both of which as topics I do enjoy talking about. I will say I have my beliefs about both and will stand firm in what I believe in but I also believe everyone has the right to disagree with me. But I enjoy talking about these subjects to get a better understand about how others feel and why they believe what they do.

Before I go any farther here I want to say I will never use any ones name on this blog with out their permission. I will change names of use made up names when referring to people I know. I have had friends use my name before in their blogs and no I'm not saying I have a problem with that but I know a few of my friends would not like that very much so don't worry.

But those of you that know me really well know were I stand on politics. But for those of you that don't just out of curiosity any guess at what party my voter ID card has listed?

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm Democrat?

Anonymous said...

hmmm I guess Democrat?

Anonymous said...

I'm going with Republican

spazzyd said...

I'm guessing moderate Republican, madame. :)