Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sequoia National Forest



Okay as most of you know my trip up to Vancouver was waylaid. So today I decied to go up to the Sequoia National Forest.

As with any trip first order of the day - check the water and oil in the Jeep.

Southern entrance to Sequoia National Park

Lake Kaweah


Moro Rock from a distance

The start of the climb up Moro Rock


View from the climb up Moro Rock


Still Climbing




Looking out on the Valley from near the top of Moro Rock


Finally made it to the top


Looking out on the top of Moro Rock

Sign at the top as you start back down

General Sherman -
Estimated Age 2,200 Years
Height 275 Feet
Circumference at Base 103 Feet
Diameter at Ground 36.5 Feet
Diameter at 180 Feet 13.7 Feet


Trail from General Sherman back to the parking lot
So I did enjoy one of these bench about half way back to the parking lot

Time to head home


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous pictures!....what a beautiful place.....I'm so loving having all these great friends going to places I've never been and living vicariously through their travels...

And I hope in my own way I can show some of my favourite places too on my lj...

Deeds xx

Carolina said...

Nora, these look beautiful, it's just what I need right now, I should check if there is anything like that around my area.

ShimmeringStar said...

Wonderful pix. Thanks for sharing them.

Race you to the top of Moro Rock! :P :D

The Mater said...

Hey girlfriend, I had no idea you were doing the blogging thing. Now we just have to get AT to join us!

Terrific photos. The massive trees command respect from us frail humans.

Looking forward to more! Any bungee jumping in your future?

spazzyd said...

I love these pictures. :D The view looked great, I just love the green. :)